Monday, June 8, 2015

Tracking Food: I'm eating my words already! (no pun intended!)

Ok, I started this (this, meaning the journey of getting healthy in the real world) saying I feel Claustrophobic when having to track all of my food.  And that no matter what I was NOT going to do it. 

However, I am forced to let the numbers speak for themselves (putting my college degree to work!).  It has been 5 weeks, I have worked out more, I have planned my food & still I have only lost 6 pounds.  Now, I am not dismissing this success, it is great!  I am just feeling that with the amount of work I have put into this I should be seeing more results. 

So my hypothesis is that I need to track my food.  I must be eating more that I think.  (I know I have been snacking more than I should!).
The only way I can think to watch  my food is to track it.
I tried it my way, it didn't work.  Since I am committed to getting healthy, I will admit my strategies may need some improvement.

So for one work week (Monday through Friday) I am going to track all of my food in my Fitbit app.  Just 5 days.  I can anything for 5 days right?
I figure there is little downside to this strategy.  (other than the pain in the ass to enter all my food).

I will learn something & have more data to help me see why I am not getting the results I want.


I will give myself a break from tracking on the weekend & then I will decide if I should track it again next week.


Life in the Green Room:

No comments: