Thursday, December 24, 2015

Personal Reboot Time

What Types of Goals are you making?

As we continue to talk about goals for the month, the next topic that keeps popping into my brain is about the types of goals you make.  I told you last year I made a 100 goals that were: Personal, Work, Health & Finance.  The Personal section was a big blur of topics.  This worked really well, but I think the one thing missing were some mental reset goals.

A lot of people have a bucket for spirituality or religion or something like that.  To me, this can be dangerous because my propensity is to immediately start making SMART goals here.  Donate X amount of time, donate X amount to charity etc.  Those are all amazing goals, but that is not what I am talking about.

So I am going to suggest that you set aside Personal Reboot Time as your goal.  That’s it.  Set aside some time.  This is the only place where I recommend something so vague.  When setting up your goals, think about what would help you reset and recharge yourself and how often you might like to do this.  Maybe you want to do more yoga, or practice meditation, or go to church or take a slow walk by yourself.  Maybe you just want to sit outside and appreciate nature without having your smartphone next to you. 

The reason I like the goal of putting aside time only is that after a few months, maybe you want to move from meditation to a slow hike in nature.  Fine!  Do it!  No guilt because your goal was meditation.  That was not your goal,  your goal was to spend some time focusing on you & a reboot.

Everyone says you must take care of yourself first, but so rarely do people take or schedule the time to do it.  Make this year different.

When you are setting your goals, make time for Personal Reboot Time part of it.  Take the time to recharge.  It will be great for you, great for your family & great for your goals. You’ll have renewed energy to go after your goals if you take some time for yourself.  This is one of the goals I am most excited about for next year!


What is your Personal Reboot Time goal?  How will you carve out the time?  Share with us on Facebook or email me


Life in the Green Room

No comments: