Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Having Trouble with your Fruit & Veggie Count? Try these 5 tips!


I sometimes have trouble eating as many fruits & veggies as I would like.  And sometimes it really feels like a chore!  And for some reason I am afraid of V8, so I am looking for other ways to squeeze in more fruits & veggies.  Outside of the most starchy veggies (like potatoes & corn) I feel the more fruits & veggies the better!


Here are a few things that have helped me keep my intake up!  What are your tricks for sneaking in more fruits & veggies?

1
Sneaking Fruit into a smoothie!  I have these 3 – 4 times a week for breakfast
2
Taking Fruit as a snack at work.  I try to keep up with what is seasonal so I don’t get burned out of the same fruits (& they are fresher in season!)

3
Eating veggies before you start your lunch.  I have been taking a small baggie of veggies & I eat them before I start my lunch!

4
Speaking of lunch – I try to sneak more veggies than normal into my lunch!  This one is really that simple!

5
Grill them!  They are so delicious, this one is not even a chore!

Life in the Green Room

No comments: