Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Wasting Food!

Wasting Food!
I have to admit, we have been trying to do better at the grocery store.  It is not easy!  But the major thing I am upset about is how much food we are wasting.  I think it is a combination of making too many meals in one week, not eating our leftovers when we should, over estimating how much food we can eat before it spoils etc.  Either way, I was sickened by how much food we threw away yesterday.  I don' t even want to guess how much money it was.

We have been buying some food at Sam's or Costco b/c the prices are good.  This has resulted in some waste, but my gut feel is this is not the biggest driver. 


Any good tips on eating healthy & not wasting food?  I really don't mind spending money on healthy food.  I do really mind throwing that money away a week & a half later.


Life in the Green Room

No comments: