Thursday, November 12, 2015

Mental Block Busted!! ??

So as I wrap up my study on mental blocks for the last 6 weeks, I thought I’d try to put a pretty bow on everything I’ve been researching.  The cold facts are I have not really lost any weight.  However, the silver lining is I do feel like I am in a better head space.  I really am, I am not just saying that.  I think 6 weeks ago I was just in a constant state of stress and micromanaging my food seemed like one more thing that there was literally no room on my plate for.  I still have a lot of stress (my lesson on stress didn’t solve that) but I am trying to be ok with the fact that the list will always be there.  I will be conscious about prioritizing the list every day and just go with it. 

I don’t think anyone in my whole life has every accused me of being lazy (& who cares if they did!) so I am not sure where my obsession with the list and doing it all came from (maybe just natural type A tendencies).  No one can do it all.  So health has to be a top priority. 

So what has become very clear for me during these weeks:
  • I cannot rely on willpower – that is a disaster.  I must set up systems or habits so I do not have to make decisions most of the time
  • Continually work on my self-talk.  For health & confidence!
  • It is not all or nothing!  If you slip up, get right back on the bandwagon (or horse or saddle or whatever your favorite expression is!)
  • Start small or with whatever you can get really committed to!
  • Focus on what you can add, not what you need to delete!
  • Build out systems as much as possible to promote healthy living
  • Plan for the week!
  •  Appreciate Imperfect Progress
  • Continually learn & apply things to my health!
So as I wrap up this 6 weeks, I want to comment that I have learned a lot (which is always important to me).  So my next focus will be on including the small changes every day.  Hopefully I’ll be ready for the massive action (to steal words from Tony Robbins) soon!  But I am ok now with the small incremental changes as I build up the foundation to my long term, life time health success!


Please share any mental blocks that you have overcome!



Life in the Green Room

No comments: