Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Goals!

Goals!

I am super excited & proud that I hit my goal of hitting 10,000 steps 7 days in a row!  It was one of my goals for this year & I was not sure when I would be able to hit it!  I think the key to hitting this goal was Friday night.  I was exhausted & ready for bed.  I realized I had 9700 steps & decided to push myself to walk the halls of our apartment building to hit 10,000!  (Not sure how I'll get over this hurdle in the new house - maybe walk around the yard??  The neighbors won't think I'm weird at all!)

I am kind of obsessed with goals.  I have read many different books & articles on goal creation & obtainment.  I am super thankful that Jackson gets this about me, & in fact, likes to set goals too. 
This year we sat down & each made a list of goals for the year.  Some of them were the same (buy a house!) & some were different.

I followed an article I read (I think by Scott the Nametag Guy) that suggested making a list of 100 goals.  I thought I would never be able to list out 100 goals, but it was surprisingly easy to think of 100 things I wanted to accomplish in 2015.  I listed goals for personal, finance, work, health etc.  Now I do NOT expect to meet all 100 goals, but as the article stated, if you list a lot, you'll be amazed at how many you can accomplish!
10,000 steps 7 days in a row was Goal #99.

This is also the 23rd goal of my 100 that I have completed.  I feel good about this pace b/c I have a lot of goals that require commitment for the whole year, so I cannot possibly be done with them already!

Jackson & I try to review our goals together every few months.  This helps keep them top of mind (I can be forgetful sometimes!) & helps us hold each other accountable.


What are you goal setting tips??

 Life in the Green Room:

No comments: