Saturday, September 26, 2015

I’m on the Juice Train Now! Juicing Week 5 Update

Jackson and I are on a 6 week juicing challenge, we have rounded the last corner, in the homestretch now!  If have missed how the first four weeks have gone, no worries, jump right in & see how we are doing!  We are ‘easing’ into juicing.  Easing has not been that easy though!  I’m spilling all the details. 

Week 5 is in the bag, we only have our last week to go!  I cannot believe how fast the time has gone.  For our final week, we have decided to ramp up the challenge.  We are going to have juice for one meal 5 days in our final week (week 6) and on the last day (Saturday) we are going to have only juice, no food!  We wanted to go out with a bang, and this will definitely be a bang!

But back to week 5; we are really sailing now!!  We had a juice for a meal on 5 days, I did my 3.5 hours of exercise with 2 lifting days and I mostly ate better for lunch.  I felt like total victory this week!!!  (one small exception is confessed below):

The biggest issue this week is working on how to fit juicing into our lives so it works for both of us.    Jackson would rather have juice for breakfast, but I already have a breakfast solution (shakes)…. What to do….  To be honest I have not been a good compromiser on this.  (This is not all that easy for me to admit, but it is definitely true.)  Juice for dinner really works for me, especially with my shakes for breakfast.  I need to figure out how to be more flexible with him because for months I have been nagging him (what, me nag??) about coming up with a solution for breakfast.  For him, it is so easy to jump to fast-food in the morning.  If juicing in the morning will help him break that habit, I need to find a way to make it work at least some of the time.  In general, I am not a very good compromiser.  I should be working on finding ways to actually compromise.  I usually spend my time finding ways for Jackson to be ok with my side… Not cool...  I don’t like to admit I am this shallow, but maybe if I put it out there to the universe, I can actually work on getting better…..

Wins of the Week:
  • We tried our first yellow juice!  Both really liked it - a little too acidic though - & it gave Jackson pretty bad heartburn :(  
    • We tried another yellow juice (2 in one week!) and it turned out to be Jackson’s favorite so far – Mexicali – so it really paid to branch out!
  •  I left 60 minutes of my 3.5 hours until Friday night (I knew we had plans Saturday and there wouldn’t be any time).  The last thing I really wanted to do was an hour workout Friday night after work, but I did it.  I also chose a really tough one (Les Mills Combat 60: Extreme Cardio Fighter)
    • This is a win, but in full disclosure I was totally cranky about doing this workout....  At least I did it!
  • We did manage to find the ability to be flexible and still meet our goal.  We changed our plan on Wed & went out to eat instead of juicing and moved the juice day until Friday.  Worked for both of us!


Have you tried juicing yet?  Let us know!


Life in the Green Room


No comments: